Cape Peninsula University of Technology
About the Cape Peninsula University of TechnologyThe history of the University goes back to 1920 when the foundation stone of the Longmarket Street Building of the then Cape Technical College was laid in Cape Town. The establishment of the college followed more than ten years of representations by the community for the consolidation of the technical courses which had been offered in various venues in town. The two institutions had their status changed to College for Advanced Technical Education in the late sixties and early seventies respectively, and were then known as the Cape and Peninsula Colleges for Advanced Technical Education. In 1993 the Technikons Act was promulgated, empowering technikons to offer degrees: Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in Technology. In 1997 the Peninsula Technikon restructured its academic programmes into the faculties of Engineering, Business and Science. Likewise, the Cape Technikon launched its new organisational structure with six faculties, a new corporate identity and Vision and Mission in 1999 and 2000. In 2001 the Boland and Mowbray Education Colleges were incorporated into the Cape Technikon, forming the Faculty of Education at Wellington and Mowbray. In October 2003 the Minister approved the address and new name, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, and announced that the status of technikons would be changed to universities of technology. The Executive Interim Management for the CPUT was appointed towards the end of 2004. Prof L Vuyisa Mazwi-Tanga was appointed as the first Vice-chancellor of the Cape Peninsula University of Technology in February 2006. In May 2008 Dr Trevor Manuel was elected as the first Chancellor of the University.
Request has been send to Cape Peninsula University of Technology, they should respond shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.